What is the front of the saddle called?
2. What is the back of the saddle called?
3. What is the bit that acts with leverage?
4. Twisted wire and broken describe what part of the bit?
5. True or False: The thinner the mouthpiece, the more severe the bit.
6. What is the jaquima?
7. A bridle with both a snaffle and a curb is called a ______________.
8. The gullet of the saddle comes above what part of the mule’s body?
9. What is the other name for the English noseband?
10. What is the belly band of the saddle called?
11. Where is a gall likely to occur?
12. What piece of equipment do these words refer to: standing, running, bib, Irish, pulley, combined?
13. What piece of English equipment prevents opening the mouth to evade the bit?
14. What do you call the short whip that is carried while riding?
15. All Purpose refers to what type of saddle?
16. What establishes the leverage in a curb bit?
17. True or False: Bad hands are the reason for most bit evasions.
18. The Australian Stock Saddle was originally called the _____________.
19. A ____________ is a shaped tail piece designed to help keep the saddle in place.
20. What is it called to tie a roped calf to the western saddle horn?
21. What type of English saddles have a straighter flap and stirrups positioned farther back?
22. What does “less fittings” mean?
23. What fork is not desirable for roping saddles?
24. Dry spots at what area indicate the saddle is pinching the shoulders?
25. All martingales should be used with what kind of bit?
26. Most English spurs are _________.
27. What is the small snaffle bit called on a double bridle?
28. What is a “monkey grip”?
29. True or False: Saddle trees are always made of fiberglass?
30. Australian saddles are not recommended for ________ &______.
31. What is the mecate?
32. Pack saddles use __________ around the mule’s rear to keep the pack from moving.
33. Close Contact also refers to what kind of saddles?
34. English stirrup eyes that are not centered are called_________.
35. The following terms refer to what: pelican, egg-shaped, two rope?
36. What kind of bit has a spoon looking port?
37. What is the fiador?
38. What two kinds of saddle trees are found in English saddles?
39. A Lane Fox is a __________.
40. What is in skirt rigging?
11. At girth contact
16. Shanks & curb chain
18. Convict saddle
22. Sold without fittings
28. Piece of leather tied to pommel to take the place of horn.
30. Roping & jumping
31. The rein on a hackamore
37. Hackamore Throatlatch
38. Spring and regular
39. Show saddle
40. The rings are sewn in the skirting.